Wednesday, February 4, 2009

conversations with my e-walk

While riding in the car...
"Let's be like daddy. Let's be a dork." Followed by a string of incoherent noises and weird faces; her best impression of the man. : )

During church she is sitting on my lap when she stops and takes a good look at the newly developed blemish on my face.
"Mom? What's that?"
"It's a zit.'
"Like Daddy?"
"Yeah, sometimes daddy gets those too."
"Oh, I get zits when I'm sick."
"You do huh?"
"Yeah, I get zits when I'm sick."

After showing me one of her "tricks" which consisted of jumping from cushion to cushion while throwing out some crazy arm movements I said.....
"Man Emyri, How'd you get so tricky?"
"Umm, because Jesus loves me."
I can't help but smile...
"Yep Emyri, Jesus does love you."

While making Emyri's crib into a toddler bed (finally!), I knew Emyri would be pretty excited, but I didn't know just how excited. She just kept squealing and jumping around saying, "Oh my goodness, this is so amazing!"

When Chad got home from school the other day, Emyri woke up after hearing the door close. When Chad poked his head in her room she exclaimed in her little high pitched excited voice..."Dad! Nice to see you!"

Sometimes in her prayers she will say, "Thank you for Jesus...and we will hug Him and kiss Him." : )

Just barely while I'm sitting here typing this, she's making the cushions into a bed on the floor while singing, "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog!"

All I can say is I love this girl and there's never a dull moment with Emyri around: )

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

wow those stories are so cute! she sounds like a keeper!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

We love her too! She is a doll!

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable! You'll want to make a book of all the cute things she says while she is little. :)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but smile when I read those! I can't wait for Austin to talk now!

Henderson Family said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! This is seriously the funnest age ever.

Ainsley said...

this made my day. what spunky little personality she has!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

thanks for writing about the funny little things! I love these kinds of posts! Soooo cute Vandi!!

Ruth said...

That is so fun. My sister sent me some really cute pictures of my nephew recently. It is so fun being around and hearing about things little kids do.

Mandy Lou said...

Vandi... I took a little break from my endless pile of stuff to do at work and I was literally laughing out loud at my desk. Whoops! She is just like her Mom... hilarious! love ya girl!

SmustysGirl said...

Haha! What a sweetheart! I love how she says she will hug and kiss Jesus! I also love that she thinks Chad is a dork, hahaha!

Kacey said...

haha how cute!!! i love how smart she is and how well she can talk!!! I hope Brooklyn is that funny!!

Stephanie C. said...

My goodness! She is so fun. I miss when we'd come over and she'd get her dolls out and her toys and hand them to us and explain how to use them. So cute!