Thursday, May 7, 2009

randomness....

Wow! A whole month without a post. My bad. Between finishing up a semester, going on a week long vacation, making a last minute decision to move home for the summer, and settling in here I have totally neglected my blogging responsibilities. But I'm back.....and I've only had a hundred posts running around in my mind over the last 30 days. I'll wait to post pictures of our vacation and the rest of the going ons in April. Instead I'll just let you in on some of the thing that have been on my mind since I posted last.

ouch! Why is it so hard for me to say goodbye? The more I love you, the more I will avoid telling you goodbye. But that comes off as not even caring about you at all and I hate that. Why am I afraid to feel the discomfort and reality of goodbye? And even though I'm not good with goodbyes, Chad is worse. *remembering when we had to say goodbye before he left on his mission. I've never seen him cry harder. (he's going to hate me for posting that)

We are probably the absolute best procrastinators when it comes to big decisions. Can't figure it out? Just wait until the very last minute....we work better under pressure I guess: )

I miss you Rexburg. I miss you friends.

I still love you SV evenings....and I'm sure I'll never stop loving you.

Wow! If taking care of two kids takes this much time how am I ever going to get anything accomplished beyond getting us all dressed and ready for the day, fed, and napped? Seriously. *this was one of those overwhelming parenting days.

Today was so much better. It's not that I was purposely trying to do it all on my own. I just forgot I didn't have to. I believe in the power of prayer. I know it's real. *that day I got the van vacuumed and cleaned on top of getting everyone dressed, fed, and napped. Miracles do happen: )

Brinley must have tummy aches to be screaming like this. And Emyri must have a hard time with all the screaming to be covering her ears and singing at the top of her lungs like this. I feel bad for them both....and myself: )

Chad's early morning hugs before he leaves for work when I am in a sleepy stupor are the best: ) I love that guy!

I have the best family and in laws. I feel so safe and secure knowing that no matter what happens they will always be here for us.

Aleesha is honestly one of my greatest heros. I can't keep up with all of her giving and loving. I hope she knows how awesome she really is and how much I love her.

The Zoo! What a good idea. *Emyri loved the zoo.

I need to blog.

Oh Grandma Marge. I love you. I'm so glad we named Brinley after you: )

I can't believe how much Emyri loves Halo. She's seriously quite the little hip hop dancer. Note to self: enroll her in dance....she'd love it: )

I really love this song.

I love that Brinley started to really coo and smile and interact on Mother's Day. Happy Mother's day to me.

My heart melted when amidst all the craziness of this years Mother's Day Emyri out of know where looked up at me and said, "Happy Mother's day Mom".

No matter what happens...life is incredible and I love being here.

7 comments:

Henderson Family said...

I love all your collections of thoughts. I love all of Rexburgness as well. It kills me some days. I love those days as a mother that make all the hard days worth it.

Kacey said...

hey! I was wondering where you guys disappeared to! Did you guys completely move out, or just away for the summer?

emily said...

I missed you guys!! Glad you are back!

Denise said...

Life sounds crazy, especially with 2 kids now! I can't wait for pictures.

SmustysGirl said...

Aw, Vandi you are so sweet! I love you so much too! I'm glad you married Chad so we get to be a part of each other's lives. You have the most beautiful girls and I love them as if they were my own! Thanks for letting me be your friend. Oh, and you're WAY ahead of me in the nice department, so don't you worry :)

Stephanie C. said...

I hear ya about the screamin'. Little Lily is 4 months and hasn't stopped yet. I think I'm getting used to it. I can't imagine having a toddler too! You're so tough.

Ruth said...

My little niece had quite the time screaming when I talked to her one time on the phone. She is a silly girl. Where will you guys be living for Fall?