Wednesday, July 1, 2009


It's familiar and warming and somehow surrounds me from the inside out.
It lightens me and as is real to me as the warmth of the sun on my face or the rush of the wind through my hair.
And though I can't see it with my eyes, I can feel it to the depths of me.
It's there and even though I can't exactly explain it, I also cannot explain it away.
Its embrace is physical as well as emotional and spiritual all at once.
Just the smallest portion of it's encompassing feel motivates me, teaches me, changes me.
The way it has lifted me at times has been amazingly literal.
The sacred communion that has taken place within its presence as thoughts and words, ideas and truths have breached merely my mind and reached even through my heart to the core of me has been at times more powerful than I ever thought possible.
The sacred communion that has taken place within its presence has also most times been simple and pure; direct and logical.
The amazing reality of it, this precious gift, hits me when I realize I'm not just talking about someone else's experience, not something I've watched on a movie screen, or read about in a book, article, or on a discussion board, but that it's been me; there and present, feeling and experiencing its simple push as well as its overwhelming power.
To me it is perfectly real.
I cannot deny it.

"The gift of the Holy Spirit adapts itself to all these organs or attributes. It quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands and purifies all the natural passions and affections; and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use. It inspires, developes, cultivates and matures all the fine toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings and affections of our nature. It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness and charity. It developes beauty of person, form and features. It tends to health, vigour, animation and social feeling. It developes and invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. It strengthens, invigorates, and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being."
-Parley P. Pratt,


"When you are filled with the spirit of God, . . . that [Spirit] satisfies and fills up every longing of the human heart, and fills up every vacuum. When I am filled with that spirit my soul is satisfied. . . . The Spirit of God will impart instruction to your minds, and you will impart it to each other. . . . Remember that you are Saints of God; and that you have important works to perform in Zion."
-Eliza R Snow, Source: Woman's Exponent, Sept. 15, 1873, 62

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank you so much for sharing this sweet message. With a week like this week, I need to read this.

Snidbits said...

I loved seeing you Vand...and my blog is going private. email me shwernc@hotmail.com and I'll invite you!! Lots of love
Shwern

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post!!!really i thankful to you!!!!


--
Reenee
Are you scared to be alone at home need security