Monday, November 15, 2010

Update


So it turns out Emyri has Transient Synovitis which is just a fancy way of saying inflammation of the hip joint. They don't know what it was caused by and they're sending us to an orthopedic surgeon just to make sure it's not anything else, but it should just last three to four days.

Whew. We're so glad that's all it was.

She still can't walk and hurts a lot to be moved at all, but she's in good spirits. Right now she's on the couch building with her blocks and Brin is making her laugh. I think everything's going to be just fine: )

I think I was so nervous because I didn't know what was going on with her and because I'd never seen her or either of my kids in that much pain. I guess it was just one of those weird things that happens sometimes, but I think everything will be fine, and I'm so glad.

I'll post if anything changes.

Last night though when she could only sit still on the couch she was watching that pixar short film with the old man playing chess against himself. When the little old man got up off the chair and hobbled over to the next seat Emyri laughed and exclaimed, "Hey! He walks like I do" : )


Even when she's hurting she keeps us laughing.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it isn't too serious!! Your family has had quite the few weeks. Hope things look up soon!

Laura said...

Lucky that they hopefully found what it was. That would be so scary. Glad that she is still in good spirits.

Mandy Lou said...

So glad that hopefully it will be gone soon!!

Debanee said...

oh how i wish i was there to watch brin for you so you could be with em! sheesh! those pics are so cute. I seriously can't believe that was chad in that picture, he looks so young! so funny! i love to look back at! well shoot can i come and stay at your house, i miss you guys! hope all is going well. maybe austy can call your later this week or something!
love ya tons

Debanee said...

if only i could tpye!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I am SO glad! It was SO good to chat this morning. I love that whole little family of yours!

Snidbits said...

What a obeservent little girl and hilarious! It seems like healthcare comes in waves. Keep up the funny things coming from Emry and with some time things will be alright. You probably have answers now. Best wishes with everything. It's always scary when something is happening in your family and to those that you care so much about.
Sherilyn

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

McKay and I saw Chad and Emyri playing in the snow yesterday and thought it was so cute! I hope everything turns out ok. Keep us updated.

Hepworth Family said...

SO glad that she's ok for now. Kind of scary and not very fun. :( Hope she heals quickly, and that you are doing alright.

Ruth said...

That is no fun. I am glad to see that she is still smiling through it all. :)

Jeana said...

So glad to hear that she will be ok and hope that she will be pain free asap!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Please let me know if I can do anything Vandi, thanks so much for posting!

Camie Rae said...

Oh I am so glad you found out what was going on! You guys were in our prayers! Hopefully she'll feel way better soon!

Mrs. Mandy said...

love that girl!

Unknown said...

Oh I'm glad to hear that everything is going to be fine! And that is just hilarious about the old man hobble.