Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Random Sampler

You know sometimes at restraunts they have an appetizer that's named a "Random Sampler". That's what I've decided this post it....a "Ramdom Sampler"; a little of this a little of that, it's all good right: ) I keep waiting for something exciting to happen to blog about, but nevertheless things have been pretty much same-oh-same-oh, besides the fact that we had a community party last night and Chad and I ended up square dancing, something that Chad informed me we would not participate in on our way to the party, and it was actually a blast. Chad even liked it. So hooray for square dancing.
Ummm....so what else can I say. Oh, updates on Emyri. She is now 13 months old and cute as a button......one of those really cute buttons. She likes to spend her time giving luvs to my in-laws dog Bosco, dancing to a collection of her favorite tunes including Dora the Explorer theme song, Wonder Pets, and the Elmo song, and she also is huge fan of head banging. Seriously folks it's funny stuff. Sometimes I even have to calm her down because I'm afraid she'll give herself shaken baby syndrome. She's also quite sociable and says "hi" to whoever we're by. I was holding her while looking at some shirts for Chad in the mall the other day. There was this young couple shopping next to us and as soon as Emryi made eye contact with them she said "hi". When they laughed and said "hi" back she proceeded to continue to say "hi", "hi", "hi", "hi", for about the next five minutes. I kind of laughed at first and said, "She's pretty friendly" and turned back to my shopping so as not to make things awkward, but after she wouldn't stop I didn't know what to do. Should I look at them and say something else? Should I just gradually move away? The couple finally left, but not without emyri giving them one last good "hi" before they did: ) She's the kind of kid who really likes to make people laugh and once she's found something funny she'll use it for all it's worth: ) She really is so awesome though. I love getting to hang out with this amazing and funny little buddy of mine all the time!
Well this post is already random so to finish it off, everyone should check out my friend melissa's blog and also her sister Tara's blog. They are two of the funniest bloggers I know and always have something to say that will put a smile on your face. I've already got melissa's link on my blog, but I'll put Tara's on and hope that she doesn't think it's too weird that this person she doesn't know finds her completely hillarious and linked her on her blog. I hope things are going awesome for everyone! Good luck with school starting all! I'm out for now: )

5 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Thanks for the shout out Beusy Babe! But you might want to get your head checked, because I have the nerdiest sense of humor in town. Hey, maybe that's why we get along so well. And maybe that why I love your blog as well. We're both nerds at heart huh!

For our budget, we are trying to calculate every expense we'll have for the next four months. Not an easy task! And I'm trying to stick to $200 a month for food. We much eat like elephants, because I could spend twice that much. I should be asking YOU for budget tips, Mrs. personal finance champ. (Aaron says so)

Give little Emmers a squeeze for me. She is such a doll!

tara said...

okay, first off, your little Emmers is frickin' ADORABLE. wow. She's seriously a beauty. 2nd, that bruise pic on the side may be one of the nastiest things I've seen captured on film. I love that you keep it there for all of our viewing pleasure. :)

and 3rd-ly, (okay, it's not a word...I'm aware of that)...a very serious THANKS for the shout out on you blog. I had no idea you read it much!! seriously, thankyou, and do you mind if I link you too? :)

p.s. hannah montana is THE best. Jackson, Oliver, and Lilly are a total hoot. I seriously dig it...just as much as my kids. We also love Zach and Corey. you're not a freak.

Cami Jo said...

Hey- I hear you like Heber too? If only we could all be done with school! What's your husband going into anyway? I loved the story about your little girl saying HI. Aren't toddlers fun? It seems like they say or do something crazy everyday!

Laura said...

Wow, Emyri is getting so big. After the little awkward moments are finished, I love to look back on them a smile. Little kids are so genuine, I love it.

Laura said...

Vandi...if you still want Roch's email address, email me at inkomite at gmail dot com, and I will send it to you through email!!

And I think that she is doing well...I haven't talked to her for 2 months.