Monday, March 3, 2008

Bye, Bye "BINTY" old buddy old pal


Okay, so I may be a bad mother for even admitting that my daughter was still very much attached to her "BINTY" (binky) at 19 months old, but the good news is that we were able to slowly drift the binky out of sight and out of mind over the last two weeks and it actually went rather smoothly as well. Emyri no longer wanders the house calling out "binty...binty?" as if they were little buddies playing a game of hide and seek and suddenly it would jump out of it's hiding place and find it's way back into her eager mouth. She also has stopped wimpering, "my binty.....my binty" in between sobs when she's fallen down or has found herself just too tired to stand another minute of life awake. I have to admit though....I'm going to miss her doing those cute little things. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm really proud of her for being such a flexible and easy going baby and for being able to move on from something that really meant a lot to her, but at the same time it makes me sad to see that my baby girl is growing up and doesn't even need a binky anymore. How did my newborn become a 20 month old so fast? I swear she changes everyday right before my eyes.

7 comments:

proudmamablogga said...

Pearl never used a binky until she found one in her closet one day. Now it's her bath toy. She actually used to put it in her mouth backwards, but then she saw a baby with one and figured it out. Now I have to snatch it out of her mouth when she finds it. Never thought I would have to deal with that. But luckily, she has no emotional attachment.

Emyri does seem to be a very flexible baby. Tell her congratulations.

Melissa E Photography said...

I love that picture! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? This morning I dressed Park in some new Spring clothes and he looks like he's 4!! But don't worry. If all of your kids are as cute as Em, you are bound to have 12 more children.

Hepworth Family said...

You are a good Mom I've seen you with your daughter a few time and you are wonderful! It's taken me a long time to wean Ben from his too! It' good to see how your little family is doing.

Brady and Jenna said...

How funny! She sounded easy to wean from the bink, unlike a lot of my friends kiddies!! Brady and I picked out the ring together. He just waited forever to finally give it to me!! So by the time I got it I couldn't remember exeactly what it looked like so it was fun. Definitely the cow milking thing was the first thing he fell in love with ;) since he shared that same enjoyment when he was growing up! Lucky me.

Alex Perry said...

hey Vandi!!! I'm glad I found your blog, by the way your little girl is sooo stinkin cute, this is the first time I have ever seen her. Also, don't feel guilty for just barely getting her binki away from her. I think Eryka was about that age before I got hers away too, maybe even a little older haha!!!!

Ruth said...

Vandi,
Emyri is so cute. Hey I have a question for you. How do you put the links of friends on the blog? Hope all is well.
Ruthio

Kallee said...

Vandi & Chad! I was so excited when I saw your blog link on Alex Perry's blog. I just thought i would say hello. Your baby is a doll. It looks like the two of you are doing great. Are you in Rexburg? Well it was fun to see some pics and to hear a little bit about how life is for the two of you.
Kallee (Kennington) Cook