Monday, October 13, 2008

Ooooh SCARY!!!


10 reasons why we're excited for Halloween...

1. We get to take Em's tricking treating for the first time. Chad is trying to talk me into letting him take his own trick or treat bag......for some reason he doesn't think he's too old.

2. Not only will Emyri be excited to come home with a huge bag of candy, but so will we....Cuz you and I both know we'll probably eat more of it than she will: )

3. Seeing Emyri in her costume, which we finally decided she's going to be a scarecrow! Chad likes more scary costumes for halloween so we may have her make-up be scary....a little.

4. Our hometown trunk or treat

5. Our own little pumpkin carving contest. (We're probably going to go with something from here for us and something from here for the little one)

6. Decorating the Mortuary for our sweet upcoming Halloween Party. (our friend is a mortician hence the "spooky" location of the party.........no actual bodies are stored there, just in case you were wondering)

7. Dressing up for our sweet upcoming Halloween Party. (Chad's going to be a Gangster and I'll be his flapper girl. Now these aren't our real costumes, but you get the idea. We actually got our costumes at a Second Hand Store (Smith's Seconds mind you) for a sweet price of $10.50 each. And of course we won't be just any gangster and flapper, but zombie gangster and zombie flapper. We'll be sure to take pictures to let you see how that exactly turns out: )

8. Seeing what everyone else dresses up like for our sweet Halloween party.

9. Watching what takes place during the "Fear Factor" event at our sweet Halloween party. I wonder if anyone will throw up?

If you can't tell we're pretty excited for the Halloween Party.


10. That we're that much closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas: )

HaPpY OcToBeR eVeRyOnE!

7 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Zombie gangster and flapper girl? Naturally! HAHA! You're making me want to get my rear in hear and come up with a costume for A and I.

Schwab Family said...

haha i like your list. we go the sweet decor today.. by the way who said no bodies are stored there?? just kidding. ha ha i am way excited too!!

Carrie Fowler said...

Hey Vandi! You guys are so funny and I am so excited to see pictures of your costumes! I just want to thank you for the message that you left on my blog the other day!! It really meant so much to me! And I just wanted to tell you that I think the same about you! Seriously I have been wanting to thank you for awhile for being such an amazing person and RS pres. When you were gone for the summer and would write the letters to pass around the RS I was so grateful for them and I still have them in my journal, I really could feel the love that you have for me and the other sisters. The things that you say really stay with me and help me and the things you do set a great example. I am so grateful that we are in the same ward so that we could get to know each other better! Thanks again for all that you do!

Jeanne Evans said...

Relief Society President? That isn't to surprising...I bet your great at it. Have fun getting all ready for halloween!!

Gardiner said...

Hey Vandi! I totally just blog stalked you, hope you don't mind! What a cute little family you have! Hope that things are well with you guys! Keep in touch!

SmustysGirl said...

Oh MAN! Halloween is so awesome! Can't wait to see Emmy-poo in her costume even though I keep telling Chad that it's impossible for her to be anything but cute even if he does try to make her scary. See ya at the partay!

Becca said...

I like the part where you and Chad eat Emyri's candy-classic!! We miss you guys! :( I am so glad you post and fill us in on what is going on. How are you feeling?? Do you guys know what you are having yet?