Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just Some Toughts...


Just wanted to say that General Conference was great for me in so many ways. Just what I needed. This time more than usual I was able to recognize the simple and peaceful feeling I'd get just upon hearing the choir or the speakers voices. Even just thinking back on conference these past couple of days brought with it that same peaceful feeling. For me, it's just another quiet witness that President Monson is the Prophet; that the church is true; that all I've been learning, experiencing, and believing all my life are true. It was the perfect refocus. There was a talk about gaining testimonies as a lot of times being a quiet gentle process rather than one grand experience. That's exactly how it's been for me. A life time of gentle experiences with my Heavenly Father and Savior. A life time of small answers to my prayers. A life time of things working out in the most peculiar, but perfect ways; tender mercies. A life time of little reminders that God loves me and that He loves others. A life time of simple truths being whispered to my heart and mind. There have been moments of intense learning, but even still it has been a life long gradual process.

And now I look at Emyri and know with all my heart that Heavenly Father is there and He and His Son Jesus Christ love each of us perfectly, that families and life are forever, that this love I feel grows and goes on forever, that there is definite purpose, that through Christ there is a perfect plan.

I was grateful for the reminder of where my testimony came from and how it grows; simply and quietly, with an occassional intensity. I was greatful for a hundred reminders with conference.

Plus it was so fun and neat watching Emyri kind of get this conference experience. Even though she either played or napped most of the time, she loved and sang along with the primary choir, folded her little arms for prayers, and got the concept that we were listening to the Prophet. I love her.

As my friend melissa put it, life is good.

6 comments:

Shana Kummer said...

Vandi,
Hey this is Shana, Brother Jared's wife, I came across your blog when I was looking up information about the Lamb's baby the other day. Your comments about conference are great and you little girl is so cute. Sounds like all is well. Have a great day!

emily said...

we attended the sunday morning session it was very peaceful & a wonderful experience to be in the presence of the Prophet of God. The church is true! I'm glad I belong.

Melissa E Photography said...

I love your thoughts, Vandi. You are so genuine! Are you guys going to be in town anyime soon? I would love to see you!

Becca said...

How fun to watch Emyri. She is so beautiful. I can't believe how grown up she is getting. How are you feeling? How is everything going with the pregnancy? Do you guys know what you are having? Keep us posted. We're sad we aren't living by you guys, but maybe Chad can go to school wherever Tyler goes to school next and then you and I can be Moms together and our kids can be friends!! We miss you guys too.

Banta Family said...

Hey girl, I know the Checketts because I went to LDS Business College with Brittney for a semester and we hung out there and have just kept in touch since then. She's so awesome. Oh, by the way, congrats on the upcoming new member of your family. How exciting! Take Care

Lon said...

Thanks for the wonderful thoughts! You rock, and Its nice to hear something like that every now and again.