Saturday, June 20, 2009

Brinley's Blessing Day



Brinley was blessed on June 9th. I felt better about the fact that it took us three and a half months to get her blessed when I found out the other baby being blessed that day was born only a week after Brinners: )

Fortunatly, her blessing dress still fit and she looked adorable in it. The bad news is I left our camera at Aleesha's that day, so we have yet to get a picture of her in her dress. In fact, I better get on that soon before she's too big to even fit in it! haha

The blessing really was awesome. I asked Chad what it was like to give your baby their blessing. In his brief way, he turned to me and quietly said, "It's neat", but the look in his eyes said so much more. And I'm glad he gets to have that experience with our babies. I get to carry them inside me, feel their movements, bond with them in ways that he quite can't. I think it's so neat that he gets to bless them and continue to bless them throughout their lives. That will always be something that is part of their relationship and I love that.

It was a good day with it's own little tender mercies and miracles. One of them being the way Brinley suddenly and quietly fell asleep during the opening hymn and and slept peacefully through her blessing. Not always an easy feat with Brinley: ) Chad was worried that she would cry and scream through the blessing....cuz our Brinley can scream! But it turned out perfect and meant so much to all of us.

What a neat day.

"What Heaven Sees In You" is a special song for me and my girls. I listened to it a lot when I was pregnant with Emyri and it's one I sing to them almost every night.

7 comments:

Jeanne Evans said...

That just reminded me of a baby blessing that I was at awhile ago and the dad is not LDS. (But the mom is)So anyways he did come to the blessing/sacrameeting, but I got the idea that his mom did not appreciate the fact that just because he wasn't LDS he couldn't be apart of the blessing.
It's really sad actually...so I'm glad that it's not like that with you guys.

Becca said...

How fun!! That's such a great perspective, I never thought of it like that before. We sure do miss you guys. Do you think you could move closer? We could use some friends...

Henderson Family said...

That is a beautiful song.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

Wish we could have been there! Love you guys!

Gardiner said...

Congrats! I can't believe that you guys have 2 kids already! Seems like Chad just barely for home from his mission. Hope that things are going well for you. Take care

Missy said...

Vandi your beautiful blogs always make me cry. Your one of the 7 best sisters in law ever!

Unknown said...

Congrats....
Its a fantastic day & also beautiful we becoming cry...
___________________
Susana
We do your Marketing for best sales