Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One night after Emyri was born, I was up late rocking her to sleep and as I rocked her I made up a little lullabye for her. It's one we began to sing to her almost every night and now one she sings with us before she falls alseep. After writing her lullaybe, I decided that I would write each of my children their own lullabye. After Brinley was born I kept trying to come up with her lullabye, but I was having a hard time with it. Until one day this summer while driving home from Bear Lake with both girls asleep in the backseat it just quite easily came to me. Long peaceful drives have always had that "help me figure out things" effect.

So I just wanted to share them with you, and mostly write them down so I would always remember them. If I can talk her into it, maybe I'll record Emyri singing them and post them later, but as for now here are the lyrics. So here they are...the Girls' lullabyes.

Emryi's Lullabye


Be still my baby, be still my baby,

The stars have come to play.
Be still my baby, be still my baby,

The moon will light your face.

So close your eyes
And fall asleep.
And I'll hold you close,
And I'll hold you tight,

So be still my baby tonight.





Brinley's Lullabye


Close your eyes, close your eyes,

Rest you're little hand in
mine.
May your dreams be full of love.

So close your eyes my little one.

Close your eyes, close your eyes,

Rest in peaceful sleep tonight

My baby, you, I'll always love.
So close your eyes m
y little one.

11 comments:

ourbanksaccount said...

Dear Vandi, i think you are amazing! Love, Lisa

Melissa E Photography said...

I don't think it's possible for your kids to be any cuter. They are beautiful!!

Ashley's Cakes by Design said...

So cute! :o) They'll love that forever. :o)

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I LOVE it! Wish you were coming. . .i am still sad.

Henderson Family said...

That is so sweet!!! I would love to hear the tune for them. I have little songs for each of my girls too, but they are to the tune of other songs. Example: "Skidda marinky dinky dink" (from sesame street) goes Katie Marinky dinky dink.... and "Baby Face" goes, Belinda Grace, you got the cutest little baby face.... It's so fun!!!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I love them and I bet your girls just love having their own songs! Hopefully we'll see a video of Emryi (sp?) singing them!

Christy Lee Austin said...

So I just came accross your blog and your family is so cute! I know you make an amazing mom!

Christy

proudmamablogga said...

That's so good to write them down. I need to do that too. Bring your guitar to my house and help me put music to them.

emily said...

you are so creative. Those are beautiful.

Gardiner said...

Cute! Look at how creative you are. LOVE IT!! Your girls are so cute. Hope you guys had a great summer.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.