Wednesday, November 4, 2009


Today I Am Thankful For.....

-a phone call from a good friend (good for the soul: )
-The awesome Browns bringing over their razzle berry pie to share.
-headphones
-recipes from mom ( thanks again mom)
-time to play volleyball together outside with a bouncy plastic super hero ball.
-the way Brinley poked her head around the corner to look at me then came panting like a little puupy when I called her: )
-and these little conversations sprinkled throughout the day...

Me: "Emyri, do you know how much I love you?"
Emyri: "Ummm....like a thousand?"
Me: "Like a thousand times infinity!"
Dada:"Emyri, how much do you love daddy?"
Emyri:"Ummm....like five....no four!"

Today while driving in town Chad said to Emyri: "Look at the Grandpa." and when Emyri saw him she said, "No, i think he's a skeleton."

Then while in the store this cute little old man in a wheel chair stopped to talk to brinley. He said something like, "Hey little cutie!" We talked briefly and upon leaving his side, Emyri giggled and said very loudly, "He talks like a duck!" Oh brother!

And just now I heard Emyri talking to Chad while he's laying by her in bed...
Emyri: "Dad, I don't love mama."
Dad chuckling: "Yes you do."
Emyri: "I don't love her because I just love you." : )

4 comments:

The Hokanson's said...

I love all of your thankful posts, great idea. I liked all of your conversations too!

Henderson Family said...

What cute little stories!!! I love how gratitude can be found in the littlest of things.

Karrianne said...

I LOVE little kids comments! So sweet!

SmustysGirl said...

Holy crap! Emyri is forever the funniest kid ever! She's SO cute! It's funny how even when your kids say they don't love you because they love dad (mine have said it too) you still think it's cute and love them even more :P Just so you know, Emyri, I think old people look like skeletons too