Thursday, July 26, 2012



Yesterday while all the cousins were here going on the waterslide and I was filming them, Brinely and her cousin went off to the side of the house to play on the fourwheeler trailers like they sometimes do.

I didn't think anything of it or worry about it because they play there often.
When I came up the hill from filming, my mom looked worried and told me she'd found Brinley playing with an antifreeze container that was leaking.
Brinley had antifreeze around her mouth.

She hurried and gave Brin a big drink of water and ran inside to look up poison control information on antifreeze.
I asked Brinley if the antifreeze had just been on her mouth or if it had gone down her throat.
She said it was on her tongue.

After talking to her more, we decided she'd probably just gotten a tiny amount on her tongue and around her mouth, but we watched her closely to make sure she didn't start showing any signs of poisoning.

She seemed fine the rest of the night, but my mind kept going over what would have happened if she'd gotten the lid off, or what if my mom hadn't checked on them when she did.

That night, I knelt by my bed and thanked Heavenly Father over and over again for whatever heavenly help watched over her and protected her that day and encouraged my mom to check on her when she did.

I felt terrible for being distracted and not being there for her myself.
I love that little girl so much.
I made sure to stare at her extra hard the rest of the day; take her all in.
And give her extra kisses that night as she slept.
Today could have ended so differently.

I'm so thankful that my children aren't just my own....that they're Heavenly Father's children too.
And that He is so aware of them and is here to help us protect and take care of them.

I love Him and thank Him so much for that.

2 comments:

Kim and Melissa said...

Your blog posts are always so uplifting! I love reading your blog for a spiritual uplift. You word things so beautifully! I'm so glad your little girl is ok!

vandi said...

Thanks Melissa: ) That's so nice of you to say. I'm glad at least someone gets something out of my blog: )

You're kids are so adorable, by the way. Hope life is going great for you guys!